Vulcan Steel Shelters were developed, designed and engineered to be the
safest and most user friendly shelters on the market today while providing the highest level of occupant protection. This unique shelter installs in your garage or carport (under the concrete slab). This unit does not take up space in your garage ( you drive over the unit). For quick and easy accessibility the Vulcan
Steel Shelters are the most popular on the market.
Sizes & Capacity
3' width x 6' length x 57" deep, suitable for 6 to 8 people
(avaliable for both existing homes and new construction)
All models are set in 3,000 psi concrete 100% with added rebar
The 1/4" steel lid has a double system which opens within its self. The normal operating door slides to the rear for easy access while the rear stationary can be removed in emergency situations. Both doors are fully removable by hand. The shelter also includes a 4 ton winch which can be attached to the rear wall panel for emergency exits.
* The shelter is constructed of 10 gauge steel
* All shelters are welded inside and out and are dye penetrate leak tested.
* Exterior is coated with coal tar epoxy to help prevent rust
* All underground shelters come with a ventilation system and 2 battery powered lights
* All In Ground Shelters come with a 10 year warranty from the
manufacturer and a 1 year warranty from Vulcan Shelters for installation.